Announcements in FreshService

• 12 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I appreciate FreshWorks’ desire to make sure I and my team are informed of upcoming events sponsored by FreshWorks.  But I think popping a banner onto my FreshService instance that WILL NOT GO AWAY is the wrong approach, and frankly annoying as hell.

Same goes for using the Quickhelp icon to announce product updates.  I don’t need my team distracted by notifications of product updates, if we have questions on updates we are more than happy to look it up.

4 replies

Badge

Absolutely agree on this one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Freshworks has done a great job of making information available, and the Refresh community is here ready to serve that information up and take a deep dive into it. And since that avenue is in place I have to agree that there isn’t a need for the advertising inside the product itself. The notifications are distracting, take up screen space and cause unnecessary disruption.

I understand the need to market products and features, and I would believe that most application users are aware that on lower tiers of an application we may have to deal with ads, but at an enterprise level that should not be the case.

That’s my $.02 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @JTAVOLARO, Monika & Zach for voicing your thoughts. 

The intent was to ensure that members do not miss out on the announcement about the Fall Launch ‘22, as it is packaged with our major product updates.

But we do understand that this has been distracting to our users and the team has removed the banner effective Oct 13. We appreciate your feedback.

As Zach mentioned, we’ll strive to keep the community updated with all the happenings at Freshworks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JTAVOLARO, Monika & Zach for voicing your thoughts. 

The intent was to ensure that members do not miss out on the announcement about the Fall Launch ‘22, as it is packaged with our major product updates.

But we do understand that this has been distracting to our users and the team has removed the banner effective Oct 13. We appreciate your feedback.

As Zach mentioned, we’ll strive to keep the community updated with all the happenings at Freshworks.

Thank you @rashmi.nag, the team was quick to take feedback and resolve the issue. Appreciate the quick response. Shows that opinions of our community are valued!