Question

Calendar is formatted differently for the same field

• 3 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey,

this is a somewhat strange behaviour. We have a ticket field where the requester can enter a date to let the agents know at which day they can work on the ticket. Basically a desired date for when the work could be done.

Now I had a discussion with one of the requesters, because he put in the wrong date and then complained. This happened a few times. After some talking he told me that the date format is american (week starting on sunday). We use the calendar where the week starts on monday.

After finding the root of the wrongly entered dates I figured this should be an easy fix.

The strange thing I discovered is that the same field is formatted differently depending on if you look at it as requester or as agent. This is true for all our agents and all requesters. I couldn’t find any option to change this. First I thought it was a personal account setting, but all accounts have set everything to german.

The following two pictures is from the same ticket showing the same ticket field first as agent and then as requester.

Maybe it’s an easy fix and I’m just to blind to find the correct option. Or maybe someone has seen this behaviour before as well. I appreciate every hint that could lead to a way to fix this. The way it is now will always lead to confusion, because our requesters are conditioned to think the week starts on monday after decades of using calenders this way.

2 replies

Badge +1

This is a huge problem for us. I just noticed the inconsistencies amont the start of week.

It’s tied to the languate of the user and not to the location. It cannot be set globally either.

This should be hightly prioritized to be fixed.

Badge +2

Old one, but still the same issue, language dependent does not help us, since we're operating international, so use English primarily with agents, but in Europe, the week starts Monday, not Sunday…

an option to set first day of the week is something every basic app working with dates has, it is pretty essential that this is adjusted in FreshService also.