Question

Custom Location Fields

Badge +1

I’m trying to find a way to create custom fields in the location object.  We support a lot of locations, and the only solution we’ve found to track what systems are running at each location is using a 3rd party CRM as the FreshService tool doesn’t seem to allow this.  Is there a way to create custom fields in the location object, or is this on the roadmap anywhere?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@je.aag do you use the active directory integration? If so you can map an AD field to the location field to help populate locations you already have defined in Active Directory.

Badge +1

@keefe.andrews - we use AD integration and map that field.  Not at all what I’m looking for, I’m trying to find a way to create custom fields in the location object.  

Badge +1

I second this, this feature definitely needs to be implemented.

Can i ask what 3rd party integration your using to do this currently?

Badge +1

@crux_jason - we are just using HubSpot and then login there to get all the info that we can’t find a way to add into FreshService.  Kind of stupid really as FreshWorks has a CRM solution, and I actually think they can do what we want in FreshWorks, but there’s no functionality in FreshService for this type of problem.

Badge +1

@crux_jason - I know I replied to this once, but it appears my reply is gone.  We are just using HubSpot as the 3rd party CRM.  No integration really, just linked in the default ticket view so techs can bounce between FreshService and the CRM.  We had used an Excel doc for a while and that worked too.  Honestly this is becoming a bigger issue for us and no one at FreshWorks cares.  It’s bizarre.