Solved

How can I change the requester of a ticket?

• 7 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi gang, I’m fresh to freshservice and am getting used to the ticketing system. I’m used to using Connectwise / Autotask / other help desk software and am a little baffled by what I thought would be simple:

Many tickets come in from folks who are not ultimately the primary requester. Joe might email us asking us to fix Mary’s stuff. Well, we are not going to work with Joe, we  are going to work with Mary and as such I want to update the requester on the ticket to Mary.

I cannot find an easy way to do this. I don’t see an “edit” option on the ticket’s “more” dropdown.

I am set up as an admin on the system.

If anyone has a suggestion, I’m all ears!

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 7 September 2022, 21:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Kranitz, things can be confusing at first with new software. But luckily changing the requester of a ticket is simple.

Once you are in the ticket properties page, you can click the pencil icon to make edits to the ticket’s requester, subject, and description.

A modal will slide out to allow you to edit that information.

Hope that helps!! Take care

Badge

Hi @Kranitz

Greetings! 

No worries, here’s how you can do it: 

When hovering over the ticket, you should see a pencil icon, click on this, and this will pop up the requester’s details.

You can edit the requester’s email, and hitting update would change the requester for the ticket.

Hope this helps & clarifies! Have a great day!

​​​​​​​

Userlevel 1
Badge

@zachary.king and @Chan 

OH man. Wow. I love a simple solution! No wonder nobody else posted about it!! lol

🤦🏼‍♂️

Many thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@zachary.king and @Chan 

OH man. Wow. I love a simple solution! No wonder nobody else posted about it!! lol

🤦🏼‍♂️

Many thanks!!

No worries! Glad I could help :)