Showing Twitter handles on Freshdesk Customer Portal

• 17 November 2017
  • 6 replies

Hello we wanted to integrate to twitter and show the twitter handles on specific tweets in our forums on customer portal, did any one come across the scenario and implemented, any insight would be helpful

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

You can create an embeddable widget from your twitter account ( HTML widget ) and paste the code in your Freshdesk portal , if you're on the Estate plan and above.

For twitter widget, please read : https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170071

Cheers!

Hi Arvind

Thanks for your reply i have taken the HTML code from the twitter widget and pasted on the customized freshdesk customer portal however i notice that widget.js is not getting loaded automatically i think i might need to do some preloading do you think?

Regards

Satya

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Satya,

Looks like the widget throws an error ( I can see it on the console ) and doesn't seem to get integrated with any site :(

Cheers!

Hi Arvind,

I think in the default portal widget.js is not loading so need to load it and then embed this code it might work.

Regards

Satya

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Satya,

We've an ingrown widget dedicated for showcasing social reviews. Please give this a try : glowboard.io

Cheers!

Hi Aravind,

I have subscribed to glowboard s and tried to copy the script from glowboard to portal but it didn't show up anything. Also my observations, I can subscribe my twitter account but does not able to show other twitter handles which I can do easily from twitter widget. Please help us on how we can achieve this. For example if I take the default script of twitter widget and check in local it works but it cant load on the Freshdesk portal, kindly share your thoughts on how we can do this?

Regards

Satya