Question

Contact Center number in Freshchat SMS

• 9 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Several months ago I was told by support that you will eventually be able to use your Contact Center number in Freshchat over SMS. Is there any info on when that will be available? SMS was an important part of my workflow before switching to Omnichannel and I would like to start using it again.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @mattmaddux , Yes we do support the SMS integration within Freshchat now. Please feel free to check out the below article for information regarding this.

https://crmsupport.freshworks.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000004437-setting-up-sms-mms-with-twilio

Badge +1

Hi @Surya_narayanan, thanks for replying. However, my question was specifically about adding a Freshcaller (Contact Center) number. And the article you linked to says this near the bottom:

6. Can I use phone numbers from my Freshcaller account? 

Currently, this is not possible, but will be available soon.

So are Freshcaller numbers now able to be added? What is the specific process for that?

Badge +1

Hi @Surya_narayanan, did you see my response? Do you know if this has been updated?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @mattmaddux ,

Yes we will not be able to use the Freshcaller number for SMS integration as well.

Badge +1

@Surya_narayanan Okay, that was my original question. I’ve been waiting some time under the promise that it’s coming “soon.” Do you have ANY sort of ETA on that?