Question

SMTP Error

• 9 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve chatted on the chat bubble and they’ve ironically opened a ticket about my issue -  which no one is responding to. 

The password changed on the email address that we use for freshdesk (O365). We have Authenticated SMTP allowed on that.
If I log in on chrome, there are apparently no issues, but no tickets are getting through. 
If I log in on Edge, it tells me that the credentials have expired. 
On either browser, I can log into the account with the new password and it says sign in sucessfull, but then I either get an error saying ‘Error while authenticating the smtp sever…..’ or I get ‘We’re sorry, something went wrong...’

I have tried other email addresses as well (that also have authenticated SMTP allowed on them) and I get the same message. 

Is there something we need to change in O365 admin to get this working (other than the authenticated smtp box)? Any help would be appreciated. 

1 reply

Badge +1

Hi Lianne,

Greetings from Freshdesk Community. The error you see while saving the support email address can be due to various reasons and we’d require a few more details for troubleshooting the same.

I am getting touch with the concerned team handling the support ticket you have already raised and will have them check this on priority. In case you don’t hear back, please write to support@freshdesk.com with a HAR file for the Save action along with your Freshdesk accont URL (eg., youcompany.freshdesk.com) so we can check this further.

Here is an article to help you with the steps for fetching the HAR

https://support.freshworks.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003389

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
Akhash M