Question

Updating a field in ticket list

• 6 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi 

I see there was a topic where this question was raised before but I think the answer is a bit different from what was asked (

And I am looking for the same thing, eg. I have a text or dropdown custom field which I would like to update when I am viewing the ticket list, not the ticket details, but the list I have for a client. So i would like to be able to leave a note on the ticket list without the need of opening the ticket. Like you can update the agent directly from the admin ticket list, but you can’t update a custom field’s value when on the ticket list. Is there any setting missing that could enable me to do that? Or this feature is not in fresdhesk yet?

Thank you

Rita

1 reply

Badge +2

Greetings, Rita. Thanks for contacting Freshworks Support. If I understand correctly, you are trying to update either a custom text field or a custom dropdown field from the list view rather than the ticket details page. In this scenario, you can easily update the field values by selecting the relevant tickets and utilizing the bulk update feature to apply the new values from the list view. Please note that it is not possible to update a text field. I have included a screenshot for your reference. Kindly inform me if there are any additional details I should include.

Thank you.