Question

Fresh Service Backups (Workflow, Custom Object, Service Catalog Items)

• 5 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi Forum,

I was wondering if anyone has found a solution for backing up Workflows, Custom Objects, Service Catalog Items in Fresh Service.

We have quite a lot of the object items Fresh service managing flows for our customers but it seems that Fresh Service only backup tickets, solutions, reports, which we are not worried about.

Our main concern is if a Service Catalog item is deleted, it will affect our automation workflows and custom objects.

We are looking for a solution to be able to restore Workflows, Custom Objects, Service Catalog Items in Fresh Service.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi, 

You can export CO but it’s just the meta data not the config, I haven’t seen anyway to do backups at all for anything. You can export the whole account but don’t think things like that is the file you get. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Is this not something that freshsworks dio? they should be backing up the databases

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Is this not something that freshsworks dio? they should be backing up the databases

I think they have some backup but if you delete something by misstanke they don’t restore it. I haven’t gotten them to restore anything I manage to delete by mistake. 

Badge

To my knowledge they don’t have any backups.
The best option I have been able to get from them is that they can clone your current instance into another instance…

But that means all your catalog items, custom objects, departments, requester groups.. ect.
that use a unique ID would have changed and you need to remap them all again.