Question

Whatsapp - Automatic reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Freshdesk,

We have connected a Whatsapp account to Freshdesk. Integration was smooth and easy.

Now, We are receiving requests from customers via this channel, and we see a need to hav a automatic reply about our office hours etc. When will this be avilable?

Thanks

Patric

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Patric B,

Sorry, just saw that you were referring to Freshdesk.

As you mentioned this is not possible in Freshdesk at the moment but if you are using Freshchat and willing to integrate Whatsapp with Freshchat, OOO messages can be configured there.

There is a default away message that can be configured to be displayed outside business hours. Please let us know if this works for your Whatsapp channel.

https://crmsupport.freshworks.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000002516-how-to-use-business-hours-for-chat-

There is also an app called “Advanced Automations” in Freshchat which can be configured to send automatic messages outside business hours, etc but you can try testing to see if it works on the Whatsapp. 

https://www.freshworks.com/apps/freshchat/advanced_automations/

Regards,

Sona 

Freshdesk, Freshchat, Freshcaller product expert

Are you interested in learning more about how our services can help add value to your business? Check out our Professional Services to know more & get started.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Sona,

Thanks for fast reply.

We are not using whats app in the chat but directly integrated in the ticket system. 

Thanks

Patric

Badge

Yes i also want automatic reply on whatsapp by Freshdesk.

wow thats really cool yes but i also have and recieving from whatsapp reply.

Badge

Freshdesk does offer several options for setting up automatic replies or canned responses to messages received via WhatsApp.

Here are some steps you can take to set up an automatic reply for your Freshdesk WhatsApp integration:

1. Log in to your Freshdesk account.
  2. Go to Admin > Channels > WhatsApp.
  3. Click on the "Settings" tab.
  4. Under the "Auto-Reply" section, you can enable automatic replies and customize the message that will be sent to customers who message you outside of your office hours.
  5. You can also set up canned responses under the "Canned Responses" tab to quickly respond to common queries or requests.

Alternatively, you can use Freshdesk's automation capabilities to set up more complex workflows or rules for handling WhatsApp messages, including routing messages to specific agents or teams, setting up escalation rules, or triggering actions based on message content.

I hope this helps!

Badge

Hi Freshdesk,

We have connected a Whatsapp account to Freshdesk. Integration was smooth and easy.

Now, We are receiving requests from customers via this channel, and we see a need to hav a automatic reply about our office hours etc. When will this be avilable?

Thanks

Patric

Hi Patric,

Hope so you’re doing well, glad to hear that the integration process was smooth. In regards to your request, you can set up an automatic reply for your WhatsApp business account through the Facebook Business Manager settings. From there, you can customize your message and set the hours you want the automatic reply to be sent. This feature is already available and should be accessible to you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Bryce June

Thanks for the help guys!

Badge

Hi Freshdesk,

Thanks

Patric

Hi Patric,

Hope so you’re doing well, glad to hear that the integration process was smooth. In regards to your request, you can set up an automatic reply for your WhatsApp business account through the Facebook Business Manager settings. From there, you can customize your message and set the hours you want the automatic reply to be sent. This feature is already available and should be accessible to you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Bryce June

Hi Patrick,

Hope so my last reply help you, which is about whatsapp app integration but some policy have been updated on whatsapp and at meta end do analyze that.

Hope so am helping you out!

Regards,

Bryce June

Badge

Hello,

Automatic replies or chatbots for Whatsapp integration may depend on the capabilities and updates provided by Freshdesk. As Whatsapp is a widely used messaging platform, it's possible that Freshdesk may introduce the option for automatic replies in the future to enhance customer support and communication.

To get the most accurate and up-to-date information about the availability of automatic replies for Whatsapp integration in Freshdesk, I recommend reaching out to Freshdesk's customer support or consulting their documentation and official channels. They will be able to provide you with the latest information on features and updates, as well as any roadmap for future enhancements.

Customer support teams are usually responsive and knowledgeable about their product offerings, so they should be able to provide you with specific details and guidance based on your requirements.

I hope this information is helpful, and I encourage you to reach out to Freshdesk directly for the most accurate information regarding the availability of automatic replies for Whatsapp integration.

Regards;

David Johnson.

Hi,

I hope everything is good. Can you please explain the below post mentioned above:

https://crmsupport.freshworks.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000002516-how-to-use-business-hours-for-chat-savecapcut

I am little bit confused about it. 

Thanks

Badge +2

The availability of automatic replies for Whatsapp integration in Freshdesk may depend on the specific features and updates provided by Freshdesk. To determine when this feature will be available, it is recommended to reach out to the Freshdesk support team or consult their documentation and release notes. They will have the most accurate information regarding the implementation of automatic replies for Whatsapp within the Freshdesk platform.

As of my last update in September 2021, WhatsApp did not have a built-in feature for automatic replies like some other messaging apps. However, you could set up an automatic reply by using third-party apps or by creating a custom solution through a WhatsApp Business account. Keep in mind that WhatsApp's features may have evolved since then, so it's a good idea to check the latest updates or use third-party apps for this purpose.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Automatic reply looks new, looking forward.

We have been using Freshdesk for years and are very happy with this solution to provide support to our Latam customers through Whatsapp (native integration). We also have a few of our users calling back the customers with Frescaller, recording the conversation… and we recently purchased two licenses of Freshchat to test whether we could support our North American customers via SMS.

As Whatsapp is indeed not all popular in the States and Canada, we have not other option than Freshchat with a Twilio integration (and if the bot works as expected, we will increase drastically the number of users).

I know that those products respond to different needs… but Freshdesk has in my opinion a better / more professional interface and would be really perfect if we could just have an automatic reply beyond office hours. I know I have been informed on due time it was not possible... but perhaps you could consider this extra feature in your product development map.

I see in this freshworks community we are not the only ones who would be pleased by such basic automation.

Youri Popovitch

Vice President Service | ECO3 Americas