Solved

Articles directly under Category (without Folders)

• 9 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hey guys,

Can I create articles directly under Categories, so the user won’t be able to click the Folder? In our case this would be an unnecessary step to get to the article directly. Can I either:

1. Make the Folder not clickable
  2. Place Articles directly into the Category (without creating a folder)

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Keer 8 April 2021, 18:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @KrimirauschSupport

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. As of now, we would not be able to directly add articles under categories. However, you can tweak the code in the portal customization section to make the names of the folders invisible.

Navigate to Admin → Portal → Customize Portal → Layouts and Pages → Header Section and paste the code below: 

<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function(){ //document.ready begins

jQuery('[href^="/en/support/solutions/folders/"]').remove() //This will remove the folder names

}); // document.ready ends
</script>

Please find the screenshots below on how it would look: 

Before adding the code
After adding the code. 

If you have articles in multiple languages, you can clone the same script and add different language codes instead of ‘en/support/...’

If you want the folder names to be visible but make them non-clickable, you can use the below script instead of the one shared above: 

<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function(){ //document.ready begins
jQuery('[href^="/en/support/solutions/folders/"]').removeAttr('href')
}); // document.ready ends
</script>

If you need any further help, you can write to support@freshdesk.com and our support buddies would be glad to help. 

Hi,

I tried this, but perhaps it didn’t work since I’m on a trial plan testing the platform… since I can’t save and publish (it also doesn’t change in Preview)

Please have a look if you can: https://option1.freshdesk.com/