Can't select an assigne in Jira ticket integration

• 15 February 2020
  • 3 replies

When trying to create an Issue from a new ticket using the 'Create a new issue' link in the Jira tab on a Freshdesk ticket. I see a list of users from Jira. But I'm unable to select any.

The only option that will allow to be selected is 'unassigned'. 

I've tried with multiple projects in Jira and they all behave the same. 

I can't select any users from the list

Only Unassigned is selectable

When selecting any other users it just reverts to -- and I'm unable to create ticket

3 replies

I have a similar problem. It used to work well but noticed that I only get "undefined" users from the reporter or assignee dropdown lists. Resetting the integration with a new JIRA API key did not solve the issue.

Hello Luke and Nico,

Apologies for the delay in getting back.

Yes, we did face an issue with the reporter and assignee fields not getting populated. This was due to an API response change made at JIRA's end. Updating your JIRA app from admin-->Apps should have fixed this issue.

Please drop an email to support@freshdesk.com if you still face any similar issues and our support team will help you get it sorted.

Cheers!

Hi, 
I am also having this issue where I can link to an existing issue but creation of a new Jira ticket is not possible because I can’t set the reporter or assignee. This is only the case for some projects so is there a permission that needs changing on a project level to enable the user to assign user.

Thanks

JCO