Solved

Forwarded mails don't show orgininal content

Hi all,

I’m experiencing a problem with receiving forwarded mails in Freshdesk. At this moment a single team in our organisation is trying out Freshdesk, so we haven’t integrated the system in our organistion yet. When someone from another teams forwards an email to this testing team, they will only receive the content of their collegue’s email, but not the content of the original email. 

Using Freshdesk organisation-wide would solve this problem ofcourse, but I’m wondering what happens when an external person would forward an email to our support address. What is known about this issue and is the a way to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Keer 4 July 2021, 02:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @daanlsvb, I hope you are doing well. We are glad to have you as a part of our community. 

When you forward an email to your support address, the orginial content would also be added linke below unless the one who forwards the message removes this part. 

Forwarding mails to Freshdesk

Can you once try forwarding the entire email to see if that helps? Kinldy let us know your inference so that we can help you further here :) 

Have a good day! 

Hi @Keer! Thanks for the quick reponse. Hope you are doing well too. We’ve tried forwarding the email without deleting any of the body content, but the email still arives as shown down below. The weird part is that this only happens with this specific mailing address. 

What could be going wrong here? Our webmail is hosted through Gmail and we’ve set up our support address as fowarding mail. Hopefully we can firgure out a solution!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @daanlsvb, thanks for sharing the screenshot. We’ll create a tikcet on your behalf to check this further. Have a good day!