Question

New ticket creation on old closed ticket

• 31 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’ve an ask.

I want system to create a new ticket when customer responds on closed or resolved ticket after 15days. This is an urgent ask

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @SwatiShriwastav,

Greetings from Freshworks Community!

We can use Automations to create new ticket after a reply is received after 15 days and there are 2 steps to achieve it.

Step - 1:

Setting up an Automation which changes the Status of the Ticket to Closed after 15 days of marking it as resolved.

Reason : Since we need to let the automation know that a new ticket should be created after a certain event, we use status here. So if a reply is received when a status is marked as Resolved, the ticket would be reopened. 

However, after the ticket is marked as Closed after 15 days, if a reply is received, a new ticket can be created.

Step - 2:

You can define something like this to create new tickets:

This way, whenever a reply is received for a closed ticket, a new ticket would be created and you can also inherit the properties of old tickets to new ones :)

Also, we have another way to create new tickets for replies received on closed tickets using Webhooks and here’s an article for your reference.

Let me know if it helps.

Cheers!

Badge

Thanks for the response. @Sudharshan 

I had a query here. Currently we are not using an automation where resolved tickets should get closed.

We can have resolved/closed tickets in sameday. 1 day, 2 day etc

How can we execute the rule in such secenario?

Badge

Hi Swati,

You should be having such a an automation to change the status from Resolved to Closed. This would be an indicator that the Requester’s concern have been resolved and he/she has not approached your again.

In case you still donot want to have this automation, you can just add the Resolved Status as well in the automation to create a new ticket.