Quirky FreshDesk company import process

• 30 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I will export my company list, delete the companies I don’t want to update (leaving the column headings/field names intact), make my updates, then do the import.  The process seems to have a hard time figuring out what fields map with what fields (see attached), even though I haven’t changed the field names or even the order of the columns. I change all the Any dropdowns to the correct field name (again it matches perfectly with what it’s called on the left side) so I can import and ensure the right data goes to the right fields. Why is that?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @jmherring,

Greetings from Freshworks community!

I understand that you are trying to export company details > Edit it > Import it to make changes to the company details.

Whenever you import a file, the UI would ask you to map the right columns as shown here:

Here, you would have to select the columns appropriately to make sure the details are updated as expected. In the above screenshot, I tried to map the company field value Health score to the column Health score and you should be doing it for other company fields a well. 

Let me know if you face any issues here and we’d be glad to help.

Cheers!

Sudharshan TR

Badge

But why? It’s an export and then an import of the exact same fields. It should auto-select the fields to the best of its ability, then give me the opportunity to remap the ones that are wrong. Instead, it seems the best of its ability is to mostly not know how to map the fields on its own.