Solved

Set/Update Subject text using Automations, Scenarios, and Canned Responses

• 3 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am submitting this as an enhancement, as this functionality does not exist, to my knowledge. There have been a few requests/questions around this topic, but it appears they have all been archived, or the original need has not been captured.

We receive tickets through various channels where we need to set or update the Subject for appropriateness and data governance. When tickets are received/created - the original requester email sets the ticket subject. We need the ability to set/update the subject using Automations, Scenarios, and Canned Responses. That way, when we programmatically or manually respond to the requester, the email subject line appears per our Company Policy and branding guidelines and provide consistency for data governance purposes. Furthermore, it is inefficient for end users to update these manually.

icon

Best answer by pc-load-letter 10 October 2022, 21:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @pc-load-letter 

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

I understand that you would like to modify the subject of a ticket once it is created. You can trigger the subject change in tickets by setting up an automation rule under Admin > Automations > Ticket creation rule > New rule > Setup conditions and setup the action as "Trigger webhook".

Here, please input the following as the same and in the ‘Content’ section, pass the values inside the "subject" parameter.

BIMC6HxgduF7EDvlcfL7AN8hihZNhS4NFvpR6oQOTqB3_cwwGa7km0S56xAZYyt-CSge-g3lHYKKtlRV-KFLQHBc-8CY1PHtzdo3hdPpnC8-IVCnJDyUau2Si2QtbWSiuzqkpizkIhIZdpT9L6SkjHdVrNHbQIS9q1OXvbGpG6pdyON4nstizwweng

Sample ticket:

_tWeI2Z85jQvAxQPSFg7JRdisiDmSCtHPF22Oe5KHFmvxqNLVWY9sdKwRlJKyH96ewNU08z-so1Bm2qsYSlwsn6j7ZGtBvFJqJF6te0f-k8TtY5wjPyr5djmJuTqZdvofpYb1dGh7ykNhpDNaYalDFazwQqZKSVS6BjPQ0lwXmeRbUlg9Sfr4GoNrA

Let us know if this helps :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Aishvarya,

Unless I am mistaken, usage of Web Hooks requires custom development via APIs. We are seeking a Freshdesk enhancement so Freshdesk can make these changes using the following Freshdesk product features:

• Automations
  • Scenarios
  • and Canned Responses

As a result, I am unable to mark your response as the “best solution.” We are seeking an enhancement/idea, not a clarification of current feature(s).

Happy Ticketing,
Justin B

Badge

I tried this steps but it didn’t work too.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Aishvarya,

Unless I am mistaken, usage of Web Hooks requires custom development via APIs. We are seeking a Freshdesk enhancement so Freshdesk can make these changes using the following Freshdesk product features:

• Automations
  • Scenarios
  • and Canned Responses

As a result, I am unable to mark your response as the “best solution.” We are seeking an enhancement/idea, not a clarification of current feature(s).

Happy Ticketing,
Justin B

Hi there, 

I know this was marked as “Solved” but the original point still stands and would be very handy without needing to do a custom API. 

We would second this as a feature request, “Set Subject” really is pretty basic and would be great to if it was included in the standard Workflow Automator and scenarios.

Cheers,

Jason