Solved

Customize/filter Dashboard tiles

• 18 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello,

I wonder if there is a way to customize a dashboard tile.

The default dashboard tile showing all changes “Past Planned End Date” also includes changes scheduled in the evening.

Is it possible to display the changes only when the end time has passed?

Thanks,

Robin

icon

Best answer by eeha0120 19 January 2024, 20:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Robin.

Those are views.

Actually, the ones shown in your screenshot are custom views, created on you instance by someone else, probably.

So, in order to change / correct / create new views, you need to access the Changes Module:

From there, you can adapt the filters to your right, and than either save on top of the view with that name, or create a new view based on other existing one and Save As and set a name for it.

Then, you’ll be able to go to the Dashboard, and create/modify your widget and set your adjusted View:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Elvis,

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

I didn’t know the tiles reflected these filters.

Very helpfull to know.

For this case in particular, however, it does not seem to be the solution

I can create a filter based on the “Planned end Date” of a change but I can only choose from a certain list:

"Last 2 or 6 months" is used to represent unresolved changes that are still open. However, this filter also shows changes that expire today but have an end date in the near future.

At 8am this list will also show the changes which expire today 11pm.

It are those changes that I want to exclude from the filter.

Hopes this will clarify my request,

Thanks again for your feedback,

Regards,

Robin

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Glad I could help a little.

If I understood correctly, unfortunately, currently that can’t be done.

Let’s double check your request with an example in Analytics:

You need to have the amount of Changes filtered by Planned End Date before Today, right?

If that is indeed the case, then, that’s the case: That can’t be currently accomplished in View Filter; only in Analytics. That’s something that is being requested, mainly for tickets, but in general.

You might double check if that Feature Request already exists in Freshworks Ideas (Freshworks Ideas | Freshworks Community), or submit a new one, and ensure to share the link when you create so we could vote on it, and help it get considered and, hopefully, developed and delivered by Freshworks.

Regards,

Elvis.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks again for your assistance.

I created a Feature Request as proposed: