Daily / Weekly Project Digests

• 6 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Right now, individual emails are sent every time a project item is updated in any way. With projects that have cascading dates enabled and many predecessor/successor relationships, one schedule change can lead to several downstream changes which all in turn send out emails.

I would suggest the option of having certain email notification types (like changes in scheduling, assignment, etc.) to be sent as a daily/weekly digest. That way, as a project contributor/manager, instead of receiving many emails as a project is being updated, you would get a summary of the changes made that day.

For scheduling changes, it may make more sense to send out a summary of daily changes that have the latest change. This means if a project is going through a re-baselining and dates/times are being changed frequently during a single day, the person those tasks are assigned to would get a summary with the latest date that was set

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

HI.

I follow your point.

You may try though disabling some of the email notifications for projects which are not useful for you.

I also noticed you tagged this as a Feature request, but didn’t share a Feature Request link in order to vote. I’d suggest you to please share it so we/others could vote on the Feature Request itself.

Regards,

Badge +1

Hi Elvis and anyone else who stumbles on this post.

Here’s a link to view an official idea that can be voted on if other users are interested.

Badge

Love this suggestion! Having the option for daily/weekly digests for certain notification types, especially for projects with frequent updates, would keep us informed without overwhelming our inboxes. It would definitely help manage the flow of information more effectively. 👍