Question

Show tickets that were assigned to a group

• 1 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

We have tickets that come in and the Agent Group is set to Training.  Training works it and then assigns it to one of several other Agent Groups.  Is there a way to show how many tickets that were at one point assigned to Training in a given time period?

Thanks in advance.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

By default no.

You would need to create a custom field for that, for instance.

A few suggestions:

Initial Group: And save here the group the ticket is assigned upon creation.

Last Group: Save here the last group a ticket was assigned to before changing to a new group.

Training (Checkbox): You could set this flag when the ticket is assigned to your Training group. Later, if re-assigned to another group, you could simply query/filter tickets by this field and this will bring you all the tickets that currently are or sometime were assigned to Training group.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Jason- I have dabbled with automations that add a tag. For instance, if I want to know how many tickets were in a certain status at any point in its lifecycle, I have a ticket update automation that adds a tag that I can report on. You could create an automation that adds a training tag whenever a ticket is assigned to that group (in creation or updates). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Jason- I have dabbled with automations that add a tag. For instance, if I want to know how many tickets were in a certain status at any point in its lifecycle, I have a ticket update automation that adds a tag that I can report on. You could create an automation that adds a training tag whenever a ticket is assigned to that group (in creation or updates). 

Great suggestion as well. Thanks for sharing!

Using Ticketing System Reports:

1. Access Reports Section:

• Go to the reporting section of your ticketing system. Most ticketing systems have built-in reporting features.
  2. Create a Custom Report:

• Create a custom report where you can specify the time period you are interested in (e.g., last week, last month).
  3. Filter by Agent Group:

• Apply a filter to the report where the 'Agent Group' is set to 'Training'. This will show you all the tickets that were at one point assigned to the Training group.
  4. Run the Report:

• Run the report to generate the data. The report should display the number of tickets that were assigned to the Training group during the specified time period.