Question

Jira Orchestration - Automating closure of Jira issue from Freshservice workflow

• 21 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Team,

I’m currently trying to figure out whether it is possible to automate the closure of a Jira issue via the Freshservice Jira orchestration workflow.

I have tried using the ‘Update Issue’ Jira app action and use the custom field statement below but didn’t have any luck.

{"custom_fields":{"Status":"Done"}}

Can anyone assist?

Regards,

Jon

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Team,

I’m currently trying to figure out whether it is possible to automate the closure of a Jira issue via the Freshservice Jira orchestration workflow.

I have tried using the ‘Update Issue’ Jira app action and use the custom field statement below but didn’t have any luck.

{"custom_fields":{"Status":"Done"}}

Can anyone assist?

Regards,

Jon

For some tasks I have used the web request node and used the API rather then using the Orcha app node. 

Badge

For those reading this, we solved this one by using the Web Request API POST function as suggested by Daniel.

Endpoint: https://your-company.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/transitions

Credentials: Inline Credential

Authentication Type: Basic Auth

• Username: {your email address associated with the Jira account you have generated the API token from}
  • Password: {your Jira API token}

Body:

{
  "transition": {
    "id": "41"
  }
}

Note: ‘ID’ above needs to be the actual ID associated with the ‘Done’ Status (or whatever you have) from your Jira project. You can view what the ID numbers are by going to your Project Settings > Workflows and then selecting to the Edit icon on the far right of the workflow:

In the Edit mode, you will now see the ID numbers next to each Status stage: