Lets talk about Freshservice Assets and the Freshservice API

• 21 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Greetings fellow Refresh Community members! I am here to initiate a conversation around Freshservice CMDB (Asset Management) and the Freshservice API. This is a real pain point for me and I am looking for some encouragement from others who belong to larger organizations who are leveraging asset management in Freshservice.

What hurdles have you had to overcome and how did you do it?

How have you been able to properly leverage the freshservice API to get full sets of asset data? I continuously hit limitations that make this module difficult to use in an Enterprise setting.

What ideas does anyone have on how to improve this module?

I am all ears and hope we can have an fruitful conversation that doesn’t just bash the product. I want to hear some success stories!!!

Thanks and take care!

1 reply

Badge +6

Would like to hear what other have to say here as well. We’re an MSP and use an RMM and this is a huge missing piece for us that has us currently evaluating other platforms and strongly considering leaving Freshservice. I looked into trying to script an automated import from RMM to Freshservice assets but the way the Assets and Asset types are structured in Freshservice it made for a overly complicated process and I ran out to time to look into it. I did come up with a custom app for displaying an button on ticket for associated asset that would open our RMM remote connection tool but again just couldn’t get the assets in. Unfortunately I think our efforts will be focused on new platform vs working around Freshservice missing functionality, but we have been using it for 6+ years so we don’t want to give up too quickly.

Anyway, curious to see if anyone chimes in here on any insights on how they are leveraging assets in FS.