Question

Automatic License assignment with Workspaces

• 28 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I am trying to follow this guide: https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003387-sample-use-case-for-azure-ad-orchestration-app-m365-license-assignment-during-onboarding

Which would allow Freshservice to create a user, then assign license(s) based on the new employee’s job title.

I’ve gotten the automatic user creation to work, but when I try to follow the steps for automatic license assignment, I’m running into issues.  My issue is that “Custom Objects” is only available under specific workspaces (i.e. not under global settings). Therefore, when I try to create a workflow automation under “Global”, the custom objects that are within specific workspaces aren’t listed. 

It also seems that the workflow automation doesn’t work when it’s under a specific workspace (allowing me to use the custom objects) as opposed to “Global”.

Hopefully this question makes sense, I’m still new to Freshservice. Let me know if I need to provide any additional details.

Follow up question: I have two workspaces. We’ll call them Workspace A, and Workspace B. Workspace B is just a “draft” and hasn’t been edited much. Workspace A + Global is where we do all of our settings. If I deleted Workspace B, would that make it so there’s JUST a global workspace? If not, is it possible to get all of our work done in workspace A to be settings in “Global” allowing us to manage everything just from one global workspace?

1 reply

Badge

Hi all,

I am trying to follow this guide: https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003387-sample-use-case-for-sub of the day india-azure-ad-orchestration-app-m365-license-assignment-during-onboarding

Which would allow Freshservice to create a user, then assign license(s) based on the new employee’s job title.

I’ve gotten the automatic user creation to work, but when I try to follow the steps for automatic license assignment, I’m running into issues.  My issue is that “Custom Objects” is only available under specific workspaces (i.e. not under global settings). Therefore, when I try to create a workflow automation under “Global”, the custom objects that are within specific workspaces aren’t listed. 

It also seems that the workflow automation doesn’t work when it’s under a specific workspace (allowing me to use the custom objects) as opposed to “Global”.

Hopefully this question makes sense, I’m still new to Freshservice. Let me know if I need to provide any additional details.

Follow up question: I have two workspaces. We’ll call them Workspace A, and Workspace B. Workspace B is just a “draft” and hasn’t been edited much. Workspace A + Global is where we do all of our settings. If I deleted Workspace B, would that make it so there’s JUST a global workspace? If not, is it possible to get all of our work done in workspace A to be settings in “Global” allowing us to manage everything just from one global workspace?

Since Custom Objects are tied to specific workspaces and not available globally, creating workflows under "Global" might not access these objects. Deleting Workspace B won't necessarily consolidate everything into Global. To manage settings from one global workspace, consider migrating all configurations and custom objects from Workspace A to Global. This may involve manually transferring settings and ensuring compatibility with Global's structure, but it could streamline your workflow automation across the entire system.