Solved

FreshService - Automatic routing of service requests to teams or individuals

• 29 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi All,

Apologies if this is a simple one, I’m testing out FreshService as a possible new option for our organization and we need to mirror what we can do in Jira to go forward

In the example of a new user starting. I’ve created various service categories in the service catalog for employee onboarding. Those categories have different hardware, software and admin tasks setup as service items in the different categories such as as new Windows laptop, New Entra (AD) Account, New Mailbox, Building access card etc. So far so good, I think

The service item “Employee Onboarding” has the additional items added as mandatory and set to create child service requests. I’ve tested this and it does create the child requests automatically, all going well so far.

As we are an organization with different offices and admins from different locations will need to complete the different child service requests, how can I assign different child service requests to different agents using the workflow automator? I notice when the child tickets are created they do not have a category, nor can I find where to add a category to the service items that populates in the ticket.

I see the workflow automator has the option to trigger on the condition of ticket field, but surprisingly it doesn’t seem to have the condition “service item is” or whatever.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by DanielRuff 29 November 2023, 15:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

For the different offices, you can use a custom object with on field the office and then the other the admin. You can add in office to the onboarding form and then use a Reader in the workflow to get the value and then you can set the agent with an action. This explains it fairly well  - https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003118-using-custom-objects-in-workflows

You can also use the workflow Action mode to set the category.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Conor,

service item is a condition that can be selected.

But you also have a location in user data of person. You could also do some logic like: the person is located in dublin and based on the location in his data send the ticket to the IT department in dublin. 

I did similar with 1 service request for rental equipment,. Depending on your location this item is sent to a different IT department. Instead I would have had seperate items for every location.

Hope that helps.

Best regards
Daniel