Question

How to check if an OU exists in AD Orchestration and if not, throw an error?

• 9 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I am using the employee onboarding module, which I’ve found to unfortunately not work very well with the workflow automator, reader, or expression builder for very simple things.

I have a workflow which creates users in our AD once on onboarding ticket/module is filled out by HR and the manager. I have the automator check if the name exists before creating the user, and it puts them in the correct OU by assigning the PATH based on city, department, and overall region.

However, there is no way I can see to use a conditional block to check to see if the OU exists. Right now, if I create Sherlock Holmes in North America > Los Angeles > Temps, for example, no such OU exists. The workflow will happily run without notifying that it didn’t create the user.

So far my experimentation with a Custom Object as per this thread has not worked - Anyone know how to do that?

1 reply

Badge

One potential solution you can explore is creating a custom object that stores the information about existing OUs. You can then modify your workflow to include a step where it checks the custom object to determine if the OU exists before proceeding with user creation. This approach may require some custom scripting or development to integrate the custom object into the workflow automator effectively.