Solved

Multichoice dependant approval

• 6 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello,

I have abit of an issue that maybe someone could help me out with!

The scenario is i have a multi dropdown field where i have different roles that the requester can choose. Example

Roles:
Reports Reader

Security Operator

Security Reader

Administrator

These different roles require different types of approvals from 3 different positions

Role Approval 1 Approval 2 Approval 3
Reports reader No No No
Security Operator Yes No No
Security Reader No Yes No
Administrator Yes Yes Yes

Now, this works perfectly when only 1 roles is chosen. However the issue im experiencing is when a requester chooses for example Role Security Operator & Security Reader because i want this to trigger the approval for both.

I believe the issue might have to do with the filter when using the lookup

Because it cant use contain and only is. So when multiple roles are select the Roles doesn’t match the custom object anymore.

Has anyone any idea how could solve this in any other way or perhaps im missing something?

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 6 March 2024, 16:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Short answer don’t use multi-select drop downs and automations.

When we get the option to loop maybe we can start using them in they way are looking into. For now
you need to use conditions for each combination and have static read from your custom object. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Short answer don’t use multi-select drop downs and automations.

When we get the option to loop maybe we can start using them in they way are looking into. For now
you need to use conditions for each combination and have static read from your custom object. 

As i feared.. Thanks for the response Daniel! :)

Multichoice dependent approval typically refers to a workflow or process where multiple options are available for approval, and the approval of one option depends on the selection of another option. This type of workflow is often used in various business scenarios where certain decisions or actions require approval from different stakeholders based on specific conditions or criteria.

Here's a simplified example to illustrate multichoice dependent approval:

Let's say a company is considering launching a new marketing campaign, and there are three options for the campaign budget allocation: Option A, Option B, and Option C.

- If Option A is selected, approval is required from the Marketing Manager.
- If Option B is selected, approval is required from both the Marketing Manager and the Finance Director.
- If Option C is selected, approval is required from the Marketing Manager, the Finance Director, and the CEO.

In this scenario, the approval process varies depending on the choice made, and each option has its own set of approvers. The selection of one option