Question

Populate Fields - Service Request

• 11 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi All

I’m looking to create a form in Fresh where once something is selected from a Drop down, it will then populate additional fields with that information associated with the record.

So, if i select a location in the drop down, i would then like the rest of that location information to then update the fields. So example. the form has the blank fields for address, i select the location from the drop down and then those blank fields are populated with the information for that location

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

2 replies

Badge

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Steve,

I am not completely sure if there is another way, but have you looked into using custom objects?

Lookups to Custom Objects : Freshservice

This won’t exactly populate the fields as I imagine you want, but at least it would display the options (could be 1 only choice to choose from) to populate those fields. So seems like there would be some extra clicks to do, but sounds like it could solve your issue.

Another way using the same thing would be to not have the fields in the form, but you would select the location from the dropdown and then through the automator you can read from the custom object and display that on the ticket so if you select location X then there is nothing else to fill, but then when the ticket is created on the note you could have the automator print for location X the address is Y.

If you don’t want to use custom objects, but you have the locations with addresses created as Locations, you can use that as a data source on the dropdowns in the form and then through automator you can get the info using API web requests to print the information on the ticket as well.