Solved

Task Due date Equals ticket due date

• 20 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

On our offboarding workflow, we have multiple tasks that open but we want the due date to be the date of the Offboarding date (question asked on service item form). We are able to make the Ticket due date the Date on the form, but I cannot get the tasks to be that date.  I have used the “due in/by date is ticket date” but it doesn’t set the due date that way.  I have moved that action to before the task is created, to after.  Nothing is working.  

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by shannon.mejia 7 July 2023, 14:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Sharon.

Thanks for sharing a screenshot of your task workflow.

It seems it is not triggering (is it?) due to the event. Maybe, setting it up for condition Task is created, and rearranging appropriately the workflows might help. I’d also try using a timer in the Task workflow in order to let the tickets workflow to finish, and get the ticket due date properly updated, so it is available for the task workflow.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Sharon.

Thanks for sharing a screenshot of your task workflow.

It seems it is not triggering (is it?) due to the event. Maybe, setting it up for condition Task is created, and rearranging appropriately the workflows might help. I’d also try using a timer in the Task workflow in order to let the tickets workflow to finish, and get the ticket due date properly updated, so it is available for the task workflow.

Hope this help.

Regards,

I have 2 tasks being created by another task closing.  I need the 2 tasks due dates to be updated to the ticket due date.  The timer suggestion did help, except it changed the due date of the closed task that triggered the opening of the 2 tasks instead of the 2 new tasks.  I then created another workflow to say a task is created and it is those 2 new tasks, but it doesn’t trigger that workflow.  The only thing that kicks off a task workflow is the action a task status is changed to anything to completed, but i want the due dates changed before the task is completed. 

does that make sense?

this is the work flow that opens the 2 tasks...i want these due dates to change to the due date of the ticket

I added this thinking that might help, but it doesn’t execute anything towards the second set of conditionals:

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Yes; it makes sense.

May I have the details of the actions that create the new tasks?

Using the event Task is created should work.

It seems some workflow order and proper timing.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

A potion is use webhooks to create tasks with the due date 

https://api.freshservice.com/v2/#create_ticket_task

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@eeha0120 Here is the workflow:

This is a ticket workflow to start the process.  It has the first task in it.  This task I do NOT want to set as the ticket due date because it needs to be completed in a day. 

This is the task workflow.  it kicks off once the task in the ticket workflow is completed.  

I have added the “Due in/by Ticket Due Date” action after the conditional, after each action and at the end and nothing has changed these tasks to the due date = ticket due date.  I have added a timer as well and still not.  What it does do is change the due date on the closed task from the ticket workflow.  I guess because of the conditional?  

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Daniel Söderlund I don’t know enough about webhooks yet to do this.  I looked at the link you sent yesterday from another post, but it is over my head right now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@shannon.mejia the pain of my onboarding and offboarding events.  For our offboarding events we have the same issues as you that I have not found a workaround to. When the Service Request creation kicks off it will not trigger Task Automations on create to then set a date. I’ve tried that as well.

So offboarding request comes in to offboard Bob next Friday at 10 AM EST. The ticket date will reflect NOW and start a timer. You can not set a ticket time for a future date so SLAs are wrong. Also task due date and time with the ADD TASK within a workflow only allow some prefixed days and weeks whereas we need to set the specific date and time.  So for me the first task I create says go edit task 5 to 14 days after departure, Task 10 set 30 days after departure, etc. so much for automation when it takes me 30 minutes per offboarding to just adjust dates. (had 15 the last week to do, painful)

I’ve attempted to use Webhooks but ran into some limitations there as well. I also have some conditions I want to check. If the user is in a security group for phone users, create a task to the business owner of the phone system to remove the user, etc. If not, then don’t create a task for the user at all.

Additionally frustrating is the inability to control Microsoft 365 actions during offboarding such as convert to a shared mailbox, add manager with delegation to mailbox, things that are simple with PowerShell in AD not so simple with PowerShell in Office 365.

I’m hoping the new Offboarding modules FreshService is creating will handle some of these items and I can switch to that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

What i did was create a task after each other task that says once the task is assigned to someone, it will make the due date equal the ticket due date.  It is crazy, but it works for now.