Question

Weekly Reminder for Pending/OverdueTickets

• 2 February 2024
  • 2 replies

• Community Debut
  • 0 replies

Hi,

Hope you all are doing well. I want to make a workflow so that once a week on Fridays, it would send a message/email to my Team members and remind them to check their overdue or pending tickets. I know how to set up a scheduled workflow to send a message for every ticket that’s overdue/pending; however, I cannot seem to figure out how I can send only ONE msg/email telling them they have X number of Overdue and Y number of Pending tickets.

Is there a feature for this? or there is a logic in workflows that I can’t seem to figure out?

Cheers!

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Workflows are run on each ticket that matches the conditions on the workflow. Supervisor does the same, and has very limited capabilities. 

The easiest way to solve this might be to create a routine for your agents to look at their Freshservice Dashboards. Another way could be to create “Analytics” reports for each agent, and schedule that to be sent to the respective agent weekly. Other than these, I don’t see a way to do what you are looking for inside Freshservice sadly.

However, if you want to automate this, and depending on your motivation on this to create a scalable model for this, you could create a script that polls the Freshservice tickets API, fetching all overdue and pending tickets, then sorting them for each agent using the “Responder_ID”, then fetching the respective agents using the agents API and constructing the report in the format you want. You could go as far as to send your agents a message in, for example, Teams or Slack a report of the tickets they have, and add whatever information you want. One way to achieve a function like this would be, for examle, AWS Lambda. However, this may prove exceedingly difficult without prior knowledge. I’m sure there are other simpler tools to automate this as well.

Long story short, I would just send your agents a reminder about each ticket, or tediously create a scheduled report for each agent, until Freshworks creates a funciton for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi,

Hope you all are doing well. I want to make a workflow so that once a week on Fridays, it would send a message/email to my Team members and remind them to check their overdue or pending tickets. I know how to set up a scheduled workflow to send a message for every ticket that’s overdue/pending; however, I cannot seem to figure out how I can send only ONE msg/email telling them they have X number of Overdue and Y number of Pending tickets.

Is there a feature for this? or there is a logic in workflows that I can’t seem to figure out?

Cheers!

Could use reports( if you are on Pro or Ent), but you need a report per agent. 
Setup subscription for each agent.