Skip to main content
Question

Approval Email send to ticket Group

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Been working on a ticket automation that ties into power automate, I’ve had about 90% complete for a few weeks with this one part failing for me. 

I have the ticket Automator built out shown in the screenshot, where it’s failing is sending out the approval, I don’t want to send it to the department head or reporting manager. I’m trying to have it send to one of our ticket groups, which is our security team. 

Tried setting it to be hardcoded to my email for testing and never get the approval, put our teams group and never saw that receive an approval email. Would love a simple way to finish this automation so aside from just assigning it to the security team, they are the ones to approve it. 

Automation and email

3 replies

Badge +2

I have the ticket Automator built out shown in the screenshot, where it’s failing is sending out the approval, I don’t want to send it to the department head or reporting manager. I’m trying to have it send to one of our ticket groups, which is our security team. 

Approval requests are sent to department heads or reporting managers only for onboarding tickets. To send requests to the entire team at once, manually add their email addresses and mark the request as "approved by anyone." If you need to send it to a specific agent based on criteria like category, create a custom object with a list of categories and assign agents to them. Include a reader in your workflow to extract the email addresses from the custom object.

Badge

Approval requests are sent to department heads or reporting managers only for onboarding tickets. To send requests to the entire team at once, manually add their email addresses and mark the request as "approved by anyone." If you need to send it to a specific agent based on criteria like category, create a custom object with a list of categories and assign agents to them. Include a reader in your workflow to extract the email addresses from the custom object.

The issue is I attempted to manually add emails and never receive a approval request. Also tried the custom object option but was not being given the option to list all of the users for approval. It was a one by one situation which is more tedious then would think required. 

Badge +2

Could you check if you have a correct trigger and condition set up? Also, verify in the activity logs if the workflow has been activated. If it hasn’t, try moving it higher in the workflow list to give it a higher priority. Another workflow might be blocking its execution.