Solved

Assign incoming mail addresses to their account manager

• 22 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

We have 30 groups of agents which handle tickets for their customers. Depending on the mail address (FROM) the mails should be routed into these groups. In total we have 2250 mailaddresses. On average that's 80 mailaddresses per group. The domain name of the mailaddress can be the same as a group is one location / establishment of a company.

What would be the most efficient way to configure the above routing in Freshdesk?

We were thinking of using automation rules, but the mailaddresses in these rules need to be entered one by one according to Freshdesk support. Anyone figure out a way to do this more efficient? Can an API be used to add the mailaddresses? Do we have some other way to route the mailaddresses into the right group so the agents can handle the mails?

Regards,

Nika.

icon

Best answer by Keer 2 March 2021, 20:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @nika.gerson.lohman, I hope you are doing well today. 

When you are setting up an automation rule, you can set the condition such that: 

In tickets with these properties, In contacts, if the Requester Email, ‘CONTAINS’ @gmail.com 

Then, perform an action, set Group as ‘GMAIL’

Now, what happens here is that, instead of checking for emails individually, the domain of the email would be checked and the tickets would be routed accordingly. 

Another solution I could think of here is that if 2250 emails are added as a contact and are linked to the respective companies, say, 

X@gmail.com, Y@gmail.com is associated with the company GMAIL, 

h@yahoo.com, g@yahoo.com is associated with the company Yahoo,

you can tweak the rule like below: 

In tickets with these properties, In Company, if the Company name, ‘IS’ GMAIL 

Then, perform an action, set Group as ‘GMAIL’. 

Let me know if that helps. 

Thanks, 

Keer, 

Freshworks Community Team. 

Thanks Keer. It might not have been clear, but we cannot use the domainname because some mailaddresses for a domain may need to go into one group, where other mailaddresses need to go into another group. 

Sindhoori from support gave me the solution... which is so much easier than expected, should have thought of this myself 😱🙈

1. Add a tag to the contacts that have to be assigned to a group. You could export the contacts > add the tag to the CSV file and do a contact import to update the contacts with tags.

2. Create a customer segment view.

3. Setup a ticket creation automation based on the custom segment to assign tickets to the group.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Yes, Nika. You are right :) You can use the company value or a tag added to a contact to achieve the same - whichever is easier for your use case. 

I am glad our team was able to help you. 

If you need any further assistance in setting this up, you can always write to us. 

Thanks, 

Keer.