Solved

Automation not working

• 17 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello Everyone, I hope you are doing fantastic. I am seeking help from you guys in performing one of the automation processes. I am trying to automate the email notification to one of the shared accounts within the organization for a particular service item requested in the ticket. It will be a great help if anyone can let me know the process. I have been trying with the automated workflow option but couldn’t find success. 

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 17 October 2023, 13:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

But what would be the condition for that? Could you please elaborate?

Do you need to send a email when a specific Service Item is being requested?

Regards,

Badge

Hi!

Thank you for replying. The condition is the same, i want to send an automated email containing the details in the ticket inserted by user by selecting the specific service item category.

For instance: Alex is the manager of the company wants to raise a ticket for new joiner. He selected the service item as New Monitor, Laptop and the bunch of application that he wants the new joiner access to. Within that application list, there is one application which is taken care by other department (other than IT). 

So, my request is if anyone requests for that particular service item it should generate an email automatically to the shared mailbox of that department to be notified with all the details inserted by Alex of the new joiner. So that they can carry out the request.

Is this sounds okay? Please let me know if i am not able to clearly explain. Sorry for the storytelling 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi!

Thank you for replying. The condition is the same, i want to send an automated email containing the details in the ticket inserted by user by selecting the specific service item category.

For instance: Alex is the manager of the company wants to raise a ticket for new joiner. He selected the service item as New Monitor, Laptop and the bunch of application that he wants the new joiner access to. Within that application list, there is one application which is taken care by other department (other than IT). 

So, my request is if anyone requests for that particular service item it should generate an email automatically to the shared mailbox of that department to be notified with all the details inserted by Alex of the new joiner. So that they can carry out the request.

Is this sounds okay? Please let me know if i am not able to clearly explain. Sorry for the storytelling 

It’s often easier to understand when you do a user story. 

Event: Ticket Raised
Condition: Ticket field.Requested Item includes <name of the service item

YES → Action Send e-mail to ( select placeholder last in the drop down list) 

Typ in the e-mail adress.

NO → Nothing  

Badge

Thank you so much @Daniel Söderlund for the answer. It helped me to design the automation. But i am still stuck on one step. 
During selection of a premium service within the service item, the body should return true or false in the result. For instance: If user has selected as premium service then it should display “true” or if the selection was not done then “false”. Is there any way to display the same?

Below screenshot is for reference:

The email result displaying as:

If not selected

If Selected

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I think it’s a bug, can’t remember if I reported it to Freshworks or not. 

The workaround we use is to use a expression node. 

if({{placeholder}} != ‘’,true,false)

Bolian output 

then use {{E1.resault}} 

Badge

Thank you @Daniel Söderlund. It helped me a lot. 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you @Daniel Söderlund. It helped me a lot. 😃

I see that  I missed the ‘’ around the {{placeholder}} but I guess you worked that out :)