Question

Create Scenario Automation for individual agent

• 20 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

I want to create a scenario automation for another user but I do not believe it is possible.

I can create for myself, all agents or agents in group.

Scenario:

We have restricted access to agents creating scenario automation to senior agents as the automation can allow for anything including deleting of tickets.

The problem is agents want to have some of their own automation for typical ticket updates they do.

I want to create an automation for the individual but it is either for myself, All or in a group which does not work for us. It seems the only solution would be to give the user the access but then we run the risk of them creating automation we do not want them to have.

Any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Shaine Chance,

Greetings from Freshdesk support.Regarding your issue with restricting access to scenario automation creation, you can indeed prevent agents from deleting tickets by revoking their delete access through a custom role. However, I understand your desire to have more granular control over scenario automation creation.  

At present, Freshdesk offers options to create scenario automations for all agents, agents in a specific group, or for the agent who creates the automation. Unfortunately, there isn't a direct option to create a scenario automation for a particular individual agent.

As a workaround, you may consider leveraging custom roles to prevent agents from performing actions you don't want them to, while still allowing them to create automations within specific parameters. This way, you can maintain control over the actions agents can take without granting access to unwanted functionalities.  I hope this helps clarify the situation.

Happy Freshdesking!

Badge +6

Hi Yusuf

We are already using custom roles.

The problem is you cannot limit what type of scenario automation is created. As an example a user could set up a rule to delete a ticket which we do not what them to be able to do.

Perhaps if there was workflows available where any user can create an automation but it needs to get approved before it can be deployed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Shaine Chance,

Thank you for getting back to me. while users can create them, they wouldn't be able to perform actions they've been restricted from, such as deleting tickets, even if they create a rule for it.  Your suggestion for implementing workflows where admins can approve new automation requests before deployment is valuable. I'll ensure to pass this along as feedback to our product team for consideration.

I will create a ticket and loop you in with the tracker for further visibility. Rest assured, I'll keep you informed of any updates regarding the implementation of workflows for automation approval.  If you have any further questions or suggestions in the meantime, please feel free to reach out. 

Regards,

Yusuf Ahmed

Badge +6

Thanks!