Question

Sending email to requester when ticket is merged

• 25 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

If a ticket is merged together the secondary ticket will get closed. So the requester gets an email saying it is closed. I want to make a workflow whereby if the requesters ticket gets merged, that they recieve an email saying that the ticked is merged.

This is what i got from this forum:

I’m new to freshservice so i hope this is possible

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The workflow will not run if it’s the system that change the status of the ticket. 
In this case it’s the system that close the secondary ticket .   

Badge

Ok, so its not really possible to send a second email thats says its merged? It doesn't matter the ticket is closed. It is more about the end-user knowing the ticket is not gone but merged. We got a few people who came to us complaining about the ticket being closed without knowing its merged. Because of the system only telling them it is closed

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Ok, so its not really possible to send a second email thats says its merged? It doesn't matter the ticket is closed. It is more about the end-user knowing the ticket is not gone but merged. We got a few people who came to us complaining about the ticket being closed without knowing its merged. Because of the system only telling them it is closed

Last time I tested it nothing happen anything. 

You could use child ticket function and the app that sync notes between the tickets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Merge is more of it’s the same user that have sent in the same mail 2 times or a new ticket has been created and you like to merge it with a old.