Question

Agent Performance Report

• 16 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hi All, Im new so please be gentle with me.

I need to re-create the agent performance Report within my companies Power Bi application.

I’m struggling to find out what the logic is for Tickets Assigned to each agent as I cant seem to get my numbers to match up.  We are calling an API from Freshdesk on an overnight refresh basis.

Also if anyone has any other useful Logic for the Agents Performance Report metrics, I would be most grateful.

Andy

9 replies

Hi Andy, 

Good to see you’re also using PowerBi via the FreshDesk API - I’m not alone 🙌🏼

I think you essentially need to call /api/v2/agents to get a list of all of your Agents, and then the id (example below), will match the “responder_id” in the ticket object.

{
        "available": false,
        "occasional": false,
        "id": 9999000654122,
    }

Create a relationship between the two fields in PowerBI, and you’ll be able to see the name of the Agent assigned to the tickets.

Hope that helps,

Adam 

Badge

Thanks for your quick response Adam, very useful.

Im struggling with the volumes of assigned tickets as I can’t get my figures to match up with the Freshdesk Inbuilt Legacy Agent performance report.

If there’s no confidential info displayed, it might be helpful to share print screens of the two reports (and the filters in PowerBI) - if not, it will be pretty difficult to say.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Andy, 

Good to hear from you. Like Adam had mentioned, would you be able to drop us (support@freshdesk.com) an email with the mismatch you see and we should be able to take it from there? 

Thanks, 

Sukanya

Lead - Customer Success Engineer , Freshworks

Hi Andy,

Are you taking in to account any merged tickets?

We use PowerBI and I spent a long time checking ticket numbers against Freshdesk which most of the difference was deleted tickets and merged tickets.

Thanks Dan

Badge

Thanks Sukanya,

I have a feeling I may need to lean on the Freshdesk team a little whilst setting this up.

I will send something across to the team today.

Andy

Badge

Thanks for getting in touch Dan.

I have seen that there is more to getting the exact numbers than simply counting tickets per agent in a specified time period.

What sort of logic do you use to factor in cancelled and merged tickets?

Andy

We use the IsDeleted field for any deleted tickets. For the Merged tickets it is a bit more complicated. If I get chance over the weekend I will post the logic in this thread

Badge

Thanks Dan, that would be very appreciated and welcomed.

Andy