Solved

Service Catalog - Requester

• 6 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello,

I want to make it so that you cannot change the Requester when you ordered something from the Service Catalog. Have been told that it is not possible to disable it but can you make it so that you cannot click on the field to change?

How can it be done?

Thanks in advance. :)

icon

Best answer by Rutger Bockholts 6 September 2023, 10:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello,

I want to make it so that you cannot change the Requester when you ordered something from the Service Catalog. Have been told that it is not possible to disable it but can you make it so that you cannot click on the field to change?

How can it be done?

Thanks in advance. :)

Sorry don’t know, maybe with CSS/script. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Nikos , there are different approaches here, so we have to see what you exactly need. So you want to that Requester email address field is visible, but blocked, however they can still request for someone else?

Badge

Hello Rutger,

If possible, I want to remove the Requester field.
Requesting for someone else can remain if possible because there you see that someone has submitted the case as someone else.

I want you to not be able to change who orders from the portal because then you can manipulate the system and then it shows that it is XXXXX who has ordered instead of me.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi Nikos,

Add below code in the CSS/Custom Stylesheet section of the portal and click Save & Publish. After a refresh of the customer portal, the field name and field should be hidden. Because there are made hidden, the checkbox to request for someone else still shows on the same position.

/* Hide Requester field label */
body[page="catalog_item"] #side-modal #side-modal-content .place-request-container .control-label label
{
    visibility: hidden !important;
}

/* Hide Requester email address field */
body[page="catalog_item"] #side-modal #side-modal-content .place-request-container .control-element input {
    visibility: hidden !important;
}

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Rutger Bockholts

Freshworks

Badge

Thank you Rutger! It works!