Skip to main content

Hey everyone,

I’m looking at add an extra field for customers to populate at account creation time. Basically, instead of full name we need to split it into two fields - first and last name.

To do this I need to edit the snippet {% snippet signup_form %} does anyone know if this is possible?

I’d be most grateful for any advice you can provide!

Greetings @MattyK. Thanks for contacting Freshworks community. 

I understand your wish to change the full name to two separate fields known as first name and second name. 
We can hide the default full name field and create two custom text fields for first name and second name. However, when a user signs up, the name will be based on the entered email address. The names will only be included on the contact details page and will not be searchable in the helpdesk. 

If this solution suits your ask, you can proceed to create the custom text fields under admin > customer fields > contacts and ensure it is mandatory for signup, as shown below.

Regrettably, the code snippet cannot be edited at this time. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thank you.
Sujitha Dhanaseelan.
Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service.

Thank you Sujitha, that’s very helpful. 

The Full name field is used everywhere so I’m not keen to take that information away. While customers will have to enter Full name and then First name and Last name which isn’t ideal, at least I can grab them at sign up time so they don’t need to be added manually later. 

Thanks,

Matt