Question

Additional portals

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Is it possible to have a second portal even if you aren’t an MSP?  We have a need for a second portal for a specific user base.

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Shannon, yes you can have multiple portals in Freshdesk 

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/37638-supporting-multiple-products-with-freshdesk

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I am using freshservice though….i dont see the same admin screens as mentioned in this article.  is this one for freshdesk?

Badge +1

@shannon.mejia 

Please use this article to find the MSP mode in Freshservice. Please remember that now the Departments will be seen as Companies and you will be able to set up new personalized portals for the use case that you may have.

Regards,

Usha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@shannon.mejia

Please use this article to find the MSP mode in Freshservice. Please remember that now the Departments will be seen as Companies and you will be able to set up new personalized portals for the use case that you may have.

Regards,

Usha.

shannon.mejia is saying they are not using MSP. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I am using freshservice though….i dont see the same admin screens as mentioned in this article.  is this one for freshdesk?

Freshdesk only. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This was posted in the wrong forum :) 

If you don’t use MSP, you can use MSP account mode or just another account in the same organization.
Downside with that is that you get a separate instans of Freshservice in both cases. 
You need to setup automations and service items and so on. 

MSP account mode then you will share the agent licenses between the instances. 
You get a combined dashboard. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

If you don’t use MSP, you can use MSP account mode or just another account in the same organization.
Downside with that is that you get a separate instans of Freshservice in both cases. 

Thanks Daniel!!  I will look into the MSP...I thought we couldn’t use it is we aren’t an MSP.  The use case is for our walk-up area to simplify it for the non-techy users.  I want a simplified service catalog for them to only show the walk-up type items and then a basic incident form.  I thought a separate portal would be the best way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks Daniel!!  I will look into the MSP...I thought we couldn’t use it is we aren’t an MSP.  The use case is for our walk-up area to simplify it for the non-techy users.  I want a simplified service catalog for them to only show the walk-up type items and then a basic incident form.  I thought a separate portal would be the best way.

You can control the service catalogue with requester groups just showing simpler ones. 
In the incident form you can control with business forms. Using MSP Account mode you need to configure everything from the ground and it will be total separate system so tickets can’t share easily, you need a integration between your main one and the other.. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

You can control the service catalogue with requester groups just showing simpler ones. 
In the incident form you can control with business forms. Using MSP Account mode you need to configure everything from the ground and it will be total separate system so tickets can’t share easily, you need a integration between your main one and the other.. 

We have some items that are shown only to specific groups, so i understand how to do that.  What I am struggling with is how to only show those.  So for example, if I have a “walk-up” requestor group that I only want to show 3 items, for example, how do I remove everything else but those 3?  For the service catalog specifically

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We have some items that are shown only to specific groups, so i understand how to do that.  What I am struggling with is how to only show those.  So for example, if I have a “walk-up” requestor group that I only want to show 3 items, for example, how do I remove everything else but those 3?  For the service catalog specifically

You need a value on the requester that you can say is not when you create the group. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

You need a value on the requester that you can say is not when you create the group. 

The issue isn’t though showing the items….it is removing the regular items.  Do I need to create a requestor group that is everyone except this Walk-up group?  And then every other Service Item would be for that “everyone but” requestor group?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The issue isn’t though showing the items….it is removing the regular items.  Do I need to create a requestor group that is everyone except this Walk-up group?  And then every other Service Item would be for that “everyone but” requestor group?

Ya, that was I meant. you need a group that is all other and set it as view only for all other items. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Daniel Söderlund Sorry for keep bugging you :).  

I added a custom field checkbox to check for the users we want to view this to create the “everyone but” group based on it NOT having this checkbox.  The issue though is that in the conditions for auto adding people to the group, it does not allow me to use the custom field I created.  Any ideas on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Daniel Söderlund Sorry for keep bugging you :).  

I added a custom field checkbox to check for the users we want to view this to create the “everyone but” group based on it NOT having this checkbox.  The issue though is that in the conditions for auto adding people to the group, it does not allow me to use the custom field I created.  Any ideas on this?

I think you can only use text fields and drop downs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You don’t have anything in your AD/IDP that you can use for a custom text field? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sweet!  Ok, so I changed it to a text field and it worked as a filter option!!  Woohoo!!  I am going to run with this and see if that works.  Thank you!!!!