Question

Change primary language

Badge

I am new to Freshworks. I want to change the primary language from Dutch to English, but I cannot find a way to do that. Could someone help me?

Also tried to change the translations for the primary language, but was only able to download the translation file, not upload it?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

Is this only for your User? Or all users have that language set?

If it is only for your user, you might need to use the Freshworks Switcher, choose Users, click on your user (top left), edit profile, then, in Other information, change your language.

If it is for all your users, please check the following KB:

Setting up your Freshdesk Support Portal in Multiple languages : Freshdesk

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Badge

I am afraid it doesn’t help. I cannot change my primary language at all. Not in the Helpdesk settings:

Nor in the language settings:

I probably set the language to Ducch in the first setup. But would like to change that into English.

Any thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

Yes, it seems so. That may be because you only have Dutch as your language.

Click on Manage language (talen beheren) and Add an additional language (English, for instance). Then, you should be able to set it as the Primary Language.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @mickh 

Greetings from Freshworks community.

We understand that you are trying to change your helpdesk primary language. We will be able to do so from our side. Kindly DM me your account details and email address so we can reach out to you via email. 

Regards, 
Kajal