Question

Change whether Resolution SLA was met if ticket reopened

• 22 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I know this sounds like something we wouldn’t want, BUT:

If a ticket is “Resolved” within the Resolution SLA, it’s permanently set as “Within SLA.” Forever. Even if the ticket is reopened! This makes it super easy to fluff the numbers and give the appearance of a high Resolution SLA %.

I’m trying to find a way to change that, so the Resolution SLA % is affected by a reopen - I want to make it so if the ticket is reopened, Resolution SLA is violated. Is there a way to do that via automation rule or webhook?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

I don’t see it is currently possible via Workflow or any API call.

But, I wouldn’t stay there.

This is a HUGE finding, which can be clearly considered as a bug. Not something that we should be trying to fix with a workflow, not even a feature request.

Being that said, I would recommend you to document it (clear examples) and submit it to support as a bug (with your proofs), and stand your position that this is indeed a bug (instead of a Feature Request) and that they should address it.

I haven’t checked it on my end, but I definitely will now having this finding of yours.

By the way: I compute in my KPIs the SLA by using the (last) Resolved Date; that is, I don’t rely on the SLA state by itself.

Regards,