Solved

Emails being marked read

• 27 October 2023
  • 13 replies

Badge +1

All emails are being marked read in gmail after about a one second delay. I’m assuming freshdesk is checking it and doing this. Anyone know how to change this ?

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 6 November 2023, 16:33

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Could you please elaborate on this?

Sincerely,

Badge +1

Hi, 

Since adding freshdesk, my emails in gmail dont show up as unread. I have it set that all emails to my email address create a ticket in FD. Now I dont see them show up as unread. When I test it, I see they hit gmail as normal unread mail, but after half a second they turn unread. Without me doing anything 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Thanks for clarifying.

It seems more like from Gmail side than from FreshDesk.

The rule or setup you may be using to forward emails in order to create ticket is likely the culprit to mark your emails as read.

Try double checking that, and even temporarily disable that rule in order to validate and test.

Regards,

Badge +1

I didn’t find anything there in gmail rules, but I’ll look in to that again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Do you using forwarding from Gmail to Freshdesk or have you logged into Gmail account in Freshdesk ? 

Badge +1

Hi Daniel, 

Logging into Gmail

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Daniel, 

Logging into Gmail

Then will Freshdesk mark the e-mail that comes in read as it reads in the e-mail as a ticket. 

Badge +1

Thank you. 

Badge +1

Then will Freshdesk mark the e-mail that comes in read as it reads in the e-mail as a ticket. 

I can’t find how to undo the login and re-set it up like that. Can you tell me how or point me to a help article?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I can’t find how to undo the login and re-set it up like that. Can you tell me how or point me to a help article?

You need to select use standard (freshdesk) and save. 

After you have done that you need to setup forwarding from gmail to Freshservice 

Example How to set up the forwarding rule in Freshdesk? : Freshdesk

Badge +1

Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you! 

Don’t forget to like subscribe and comment… ops wrong forum :) 

Badge +1

If I could, I would!