Question

Inquiry on Automatically Reopening Closed Tickets After a Set Time

• 19 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I am writing to seek assistance with a specific functionality within the Freshservice platform. Our team often encounters scenarios where we need to temporarily close tickets but then revisit them after a certain period. I would like to know if there is an automated way to reopen these tickets after a set time has elapsed.

Specifically, I am looking for a solution that allows us to:

1. Close a ticket, marking it as completed or resolved.
  2. Automatically reopen the same ticket after a predetermined time frame (for example, one month later).

Could you please advise if there is an existing feature or workflow within Freshservice that would enable us to achieve this? If so, I would greatly appreciate a step-by-step guide on how to set this up. Our goal is to streamline our workflow and ensure timely follow-up on specific issues without manual intervention.

Additionally, if this functionality is not currently available, I would be interested in knowing any possible workarounds or if there are plans to introduce such a feature in the future.

Thank you for your assistance and guidance.

1 reply

Badge

You may be able to craft an automation rule that uses the group or tag to trigger it.  In my head the person closing the ticket would set it to a “reopen” group that the automation could read from.