Skip to main content

Hello,
we receive a lot of tickets from sources like Azure or applications with no reply addresses. These sources do not expect replies on the send mails and some times the mails bounc e between these systems and open unnecessary tickets.
I managed to create an automation to prevent the reply on ticket creation via “Skip new ticket email notifications” but how can you do that on ticket resolve / closure ?

In OTRS for example you can add a loop tag to the ticket and will not send out any mails.

Greetings @Stefmi. Thanks for contacting Freshworks community. 

I understand you prefer not to send emails upon ticket closure or resolution. This can be achieved using tags. When creating a ticket creation automation rule to bypass email notifications, add conditions to apply tags. You can then disable the default email notification for resolved and closed tickets under admin > email notification > requester notification. Additionally, you can set up a rule under ticket updates to send notifications for resolving or closing tickets without this tag.

Here’s a screenshot for your reference:

I hope this helps. Feel free to drop a message here if you have queries. 

Thank you.
Sujitha Dhanaseelan.
Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service. 

Hello Sujitha,
I appreciate your answer.

However as an organization that has requester and agents in different countries with different languages I don’t like to disable the default answer mechanism which uses the templates in different languages. Which in my opinion is a good feature.
To rebuild this feature in your solution I would have to create an additional condition and action for each language with a different mail subject/body.

Most organizations I have worked in are creating tickets from automated systems which do not expect any kind of answer from a ticket system. Thats why I still think this should be an integrated feature.

BR