Skip to main content
Question

pull emails come from same email account

• 20 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi

I recently downloaded an add-on for Google Forms that is supposed to send the responses entered into the form to a designated email address. The Google Form in question is associated with the email address art-isd@kau.edu.sa.

The issue I'm encountering is that when the Google Form sends the response to the same email address, it does not appear in my Freshdesk inbox. However, when I receive emails from other sources, they do appear in the Freshdesk inbox without any issues.

Any idea please.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Greetings @art-isd. Thanks for reaching Freshworks community. 

I understand you are experiencing issues with emails sent to the email art-isd@kau.edu.sa not being created as tickets in your helpdesk. This may be due to the from and reply email being the same, which Freshdesk will not convert into tickets to prevent email looping within the helpdesk. The same applies if the 'Reply-to' and 'To' addresses are the same, as this is considered as the product behavior.

Here is an article for your reference.
https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/235777

If you believe this is not the case, we would need to check the logs. Please send an email to support@freshdesk.com with the email headers for us to further investigate.

Thank you.
Sujitha Dhanaseelan.
Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service