Skip to main content

We use Freshdesk as our IT support ticketing system. When ever we respond to a ticket it caches the email address, so when you add a CC to your message all addresses you’ve ever written to appear there. There are former employees and outside addresses I would really like to remove from that drop down list. Is there any way to do that?

Yes, I have the same query. We have a lot of email addresses in our database from clients who signed up for ankle straps cable machine sessions, and many of these are no longer relevant. When we add a CC to a message, these outdated addresses still appear, which can be quite frustrating. I would also like to know how to remove these old and irrelevant email addresses from the drop down list. It would really help in keeping our communication more organized.
Thank you 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

We use Freshdesk as our IT support ticketing system. When ever we respond to a ticket it caches the email address, so when you add a CC to your message all addresses you’ve ever written to appear there. There are former employees and outside addresses I would really like to remove from that drop down list. Is there any way to do that?

Have you been able to find a solution to this issue yet? The old cached email addresses showing up in the CC field are quite annoying, especially when trying to quickly find and add the correct recipients. If you've discovered a way to remove or manage these cached addresses, could you kindly share the steps involved? It would be a big help in streamlining our communications. 

To remove email addresses from Freshdesk's cache:

1. Clear Cache: In Freshdesk, go to the ticket reply section, start typing an email address, and delete the unwanted addresses from the dropdown.
  2. Update Address Book: Ensure the email addresses are not saved in your address book or contact list.
  3. Contact Freshdesk Support: If the addresses persist, reach out to Freshdesk support for help in clearing cached email addresses.

Hi @ricky23 

Greetings from Freshworks community.

The email addresses are picked in the drop-down either from your contacts list or agents list. If you do not want those email addresses to be shown, you can delete the contacts/agents that are not needed in the system. 

Please check this article to know the impacts of deleting contacts: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/227558-how-do-i-permanently-delete-contacts-

Please check this article to know the impacts of deleting agents: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000008338-deactivating-agents

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Kajal