Question

Where is the setting to reset ticket counter to 1

• 11 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am a new user of freshdesk. I just created a bunch of tickets for test purposes and now want to reset the ticket counter back to #1. I know I stumbled accross this setting but now can’t find it! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Unfortunately, going back to Ticket ID 1 isn't possible in our system. However, for a fresh start, you can set the Next Ticket ID to a user-friendly number like 10001. Simply navigate to Admin > Helpdesk Settings > Next Ticket ID #.

Badge

Thanks. Appreciate it. I knew I saw that setting but couldn’t remember where. At first glance it looked like I could set it to any number as long as it was greater than the last ticket number which was 23. So, I set the Next Ticket ID # to 100. I then thought about it and decided I would wait until I did further testing before setting the next number. When trying to change it back to 23, it set it to 99. It looks like when you manually set the Next Ticket ID #, you can only go 1 number less than the number you set it to - even if no tickets have been created in the interim? Weird that it does the Next Ticket ID # minus 1 but that was my experience. Maybe there’s other logic there that I’m just not understanding.