Question

Workflow Automator not triggering when Onboarding tickets are created

• 15 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I have trying different approaches to get the workflow automator to trigger, but I am at a loss. 

I'm currently using the Onboarding module to create onboarding tickets. Off of that, there are 2 child tickets that get created with it after the line manager approves the request sent by HR. Now, what I am trying to do is to add a note into one of the child tickets. I have tried using the event trigger to be when a ticket is raised, but it seems like that is not the right one.

Has anybody know what event I should be using to trigger this workflow? Would you have a example so I use or follow?

Thanks!!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

Strange, the tickets are created by the onboard module? 
To make it easier is to use a service item for each child ticket.
Even if they are empty as a placeholder. Else you need to use a condition: Subject contains/starts with. 

I would do it this way
Event(ticket raised) → condition ( source: Onboard) → condition(Service item: Child1,Child2) → add note.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

This is happening to me too, suddenly. The onboarding used to work, but one of the tickets will absolutely not fire from onboarding. The other one works fine. It’s frustrating, because I changed nothing. I’ve found things will often just stop working in Freshservice, unfortunately. Maybe they’re working on the backend or something. I’ve spent the last 2 days trying to get a simple trigger to fire for one of the onboarding child tickets. Here’s how you set it up. This works for one ticket but not the other. “Buggy” is probably the answer.

Wow, I recreated this to show you, and it now worked. I am now wondering if it has something to do with this whole Workspaces thing. Not sure if I need to export all the automations to global or what.