Skip to main content
Question

Wait Queue Wait Message Loop

• 11 July 2024
  • 3 replies

We are a new Freshcaller customer and have been configuring the call queues. We’ve encountered an issue which is described well in a previous topic: Best Practices for Messages in IVR? | Freshworks Community

When callers choose option 1 to remain in the wait queue (instead of option 2 for a callback), they hear the main message recording repeatedly until their call is answered, the max wait time has been reached, or they hang up out of frustration over the annoying and distracting message.

In the previous topic from 3 years ago, it was advised the wait queue functionality was being enhanced and would be released in “Q2 of 2021.” The described enhancements should have resolved the issue we are seeing 3 years later. Was it never completed? 

3 replies

I agree, the wait queue is still really broken. One option to prevent a looped wait queue message is to upload some wait queue music instead. Of course, this removes the ability to tell the caller that they are in the wait queue.

What’s even worse for us is that there is no alert to the agents that a caller is sitting in the wait queue. I guess Freshdesk expects them to just sit there and watch the wait queue all day long, but that’s not at all realistic.

It’s frustrating that these problems have been present for years and Freshworks does not seem to understand the importance of fixing them.

Badge

Adding music to the wait queue message won’t work for us since it prevents the caller from hearing the callback message option until the music is finished. We were looking forward to implementing the callback functionality, even though it’s limited (there should be an option to add callback to an IVR and route to a call queue, as well as an option to specify a number, rather than require it to be the number they’re calling from).

It makes me concerned they may not be investing much in development if core functionality can be broken to this degree and go unresolved for years. Support told me they could submit it as a feature request, but then I found the community post from 3 years ago. That doesn’t give me much optimism they’re taking it seriously.

Same. We’ve tried Zendesk and I like Freshdesk much better, but it feels like the only development they are doing is on AI features I have no use for. At the moment because call queues are broken we don’t use them; it just rings for 50 seconds and then goes to voicemail. Any longer than that with just a ringtone and people start thinking there’s no one home and abandon the call.