Question

Auto-reply to incoming Sales email

• 11 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

This is my use case: on our website (hosted by Cardd.co) there’s a form where visitors can leave their name, company and email address to request white papers. 
When they submit, an email is sent to an address that I can specify, containing the data the visitor has entered  

What I want to achieve in Freshsales:

1. Create a Lead from the contents of the mail
  2. Auto-reply with a mail that contains a download link for the white paper
  3. Collect data on whether the Lead has opened the mail and downloaded the white paper.
  4. Reply with a follow-up message, that is different for whether the Lead has (not) opened the mail or (not) downloaded the white paper. 

Please point me to articles or video’s that describe how this is done  

thanks!

5 replies

exactly what i want to know as well

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Richard, 

Greetings from the Freshworks Community!

I believe you are using the classic web form in Freshsales, that is you’ve created a form and embedded the form code in the website.

1. By default, when a form is submitted, a contact will be created in the CRM with the details filled in form.
  2. For these contacts, the source will be marked as “Web form” and you can also view the form name in the “Web form” field. These 2 fields can be used to configure a marketing journey which will automatically send the email on contact creation 
  3. Here, you can also define the follow-up actions based on the email activity as well. 
  4. In the email template, you can add the download link and when the customer clicks on this link, it will be tracked under the “clicked” metrics. To track the customer email activity, the tracking should be enabled. 

PFA screenshot for the use-case:

5. ​​Please find the articles for other automations available in the CRM for reference:

1. https://crmsupport.freshworks.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000002625-how-to-configure-a-marketing-journey- - Marketing journeys
    2. https://crmsupport.freshworks.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000002143-how-to-configure-a-workflow- - Workflow Automation
    3. https://crmsupport.freshworks.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000002443-what-are-sales-sequences-how-to-configure-a-sequence- - Sales sequence

I hope this helps. Kindly check the same and let us know in case of any further queries, we’ll be happy to help out. 
Badge

Hi Aishwarya, thanks but I am not using a Freshsales web form. It’s a form from Cardd.co that generates a mail to an address that I can specify. As stated in my original post.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Richard, 

Thanks for clarifying. In case of an external form, you can use the CRM tracking code to integrate the form and your Freshsales account. The contacts flowing in via this form submission will have the source field value as “Web” 

Based on this field value, you can trigger automations to send out welcome email and the following steps. 

Please refer to this article on how to integrate your external website (form) with CRM -  How to set up the tracking code?

I hope this helps. Do let us know in case of further queries. 

Badge +1

I was also searching on this. Thankyou for the guide