Question

Customize New Portal

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello,

We are using the new portal and want to make a small customization to the ticket list, which is displayed on the end-user portal. In the old portal if a requester had access to view tickets of other departments, the requester saw who created the ticket.

“Gemaakt door (Created by)” in the printscreen below

In the new portal this feature isn’t available. You see there’s no “Gemaakt door/Created by” field.

So I went to the ticket list template and tried to add the “Requester Name” field.

But this fields always seems to stay empty as it doesn’t show up if I Save/Preview/Publish the portal.

If I for example drag the subject field in the template it shows up just fine.

I also logged a ticket for this 2 weeks ago with Freshservice but I haven’t received an useful answer yet. They only want to send me to a SI-Partner to pay for this integration which seems overkill to me…

Can someone confirm if this also doesn’t work in their new portal? Any Ideas for a workaround because it’s a feature which is used a lot in our company.

2 replies

Badge

You should leave Freshdesk while you can. The portal tickets have major SPAM problems, and so after a few months, it slowly become a major nuisance and render the service almost unusable.  

Badge +1

Hello there,
we have the same request, to display the requester name in the ticketlist/overview.
until now I was not able to display the name, regardless what I implement.

greetings