Freshservice Discovery Agent

• 2 August 2017
  • 5 replies

So I've installed the agent on about 10 machines in the last week or so.. this morning I went to check on them in inventory to make sure they were organized appropriately and such, and it turns out not a single install is reporting.  I have only used this once in the past as a proof of concept and it worked beautifully.  Is there some special trick I may be missing?  I am using the latest available installer from my admin portal.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

No, it was installed while sitting at the console of each machine.

Thank you,

John

Hi John,

Can you please confirm whether the installation was done remotely, I mean remote deployment?

Because, normally when the agent is installed, it creates the log when the installation is initiated.

Jayesh
Freshservice Support

After re-running the installer from the C:\programfiles(x86)\Freshdesk\Fresh Service Discover Agent it has initialized and worked on the remaining computers.  Should this be a necessary step?  I believe on the first one I did all I had to do was run the installer from the USB drive I had it copied to.

So I checked for that directory on 2 of the machines and the \logs dir did not exist.  I re-ran the installer that was in the FDA root and then the logs folder appeared and it seems to now be querying the machine.  I'll check again in a few to see if it is transmitted back to my FS db.

Is there a step to re-run this installer after the initial install package I missed?

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you please share the logs files from one of the agents with us, will check and keep you posted.

I assume it's Windows Machines, if yes the location of logs is C:\Program Files (x86)\Freshdesk\Freshservice Discovery Agent\logs

If not, please let me know the OS type, will share the location accordingly.

Please email us the logs to support@freshservice.com

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Jayesh
Freshservice Support